Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Importance of Communication Skills for Engineers

 “I contend that we (engineers) are undervalued because of our widespread inability to explain what we do to the general public (and why it is so important). It is one of the hardest goals to accomplish, to be able to boil down difficult concepts into a short and easily understood presentation or elevator pitch.”

Marybeth Miceli, President, Miceli Infrastructure Consulting, USA (2011)

I agree with this quote that communication is the key stumbling block, in conveying of ideas or concepts in layman term. Communication helps to express yourself and also for others to understands you better. Without communication it is very difficult for others to know what you are thinking, this would be like living in your own world.



2 comments:

Critical reflection

  Module reflection At the beginning of the course, I was quite nervous about what this course has installed for me. As English has been my ...